Friday, November 19, 2010

The Gift Giving Season Has Started! :) ** Info Update!

We had the last meeting for the year at my MOMS group so I made little gifts for all the ladies at my table. I started off making a cute little fall-themed project I saw on Greenbean's Crafterole (if you haven't visited her before take a few minutes for look around - she's awesome!! ) - soap leaves! Then I made some homemade caramel corn (Yum!) and put it in these cute little holiday buckets with the recipe on top.

Last, but not least, I made little angel Christmas tree ornaments from butterfly paperclips. YES, PAPERCLIPS! I saw this idea on line while looking for a craft project for my Brownie Girl Scout to do with her troop at their Christmas party.

You use ribbon, one paperclip, one round silver bead, and one decorative spacer bead for the halo. I made this tiny (3.5"x 2.5") card as my delivery method. I was going to make a box but I figured this would do double duties as greeting card. I punched the side with Fiskars Apron Lace border punch and punched a hold for the end of the ribbon to fit through. I taped the tail of the ribbon the the inside cover of the card and lined the other side with white cardstock so there would be contrast behind the punch. The "You're an Angel!" stamp on the front and the "Sending you Christmas blessings" stamp I used on the inside are from our Scrappy Moms Winter Wishes stamp set. ** Just wanted to share a little hint in case you want to make these little ornaments yourself. The silver beads have pretty small holes since they are made for jewelry wire - I used a needle threader and pulled one side of the ribbon through 1st, then put the needle threader back in and pulled through the 2nd side of the string. I tried to do them both at the same time but it was too thick. I didn't mind doing it twice, it's kind of therapeutic! LOL **
The ladies really seemed to enjoy their little gifts - hopefully, I can keep up the crafty gift production through the holiday! LOL
Have a wonderful weekend! See you next week when The Scrappy Moms DT will be introducing a brand new stamp set! :)

10 comments:

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Great job. All these gifts are adorable and I'm sure they were appreciated!! :)

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

bonnie said...

Oh what wonderful gifts....love that cute little angel, how fun is that! ;) Hugs xx

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Awesome! The angel card is adorable!

buglvr2010 said...

Oh I love this ornament...I would love to do this with our class for Christmas party! So cute!

Mari AKA Momo said...

Oh my word!!! This is sooo beautiful!!! I LOVE LOVE it!!! Love you my friend!!! XOXO Momo

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So fun! Love the angel made from a clip! Too cute!

Tracy said...

This is just beautiful. I love it.

Banner Market said...

This is so adorable! Love your ideas! and your stamps!!! Thank you so much for being so creative! Have a wonderful day :)

Joanna said...

These are awesome goodies! I'm sure whoever got them was so happy! ;)

greenbean said...

omg!....the soap leaves turned out fantatic!...love 'em!...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive